Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Close Shave!

Last night, my wife and I were returning home from the cinema after seeing the movie "The Help."  Great movie by the way.

Well as we turned into the driveway, my wife slammed on the brakes and shouted
 "NO!"

There on our driveway were two skunks merrily playing and stopping to eat the cat food that our neighbor puts out for his cats.

The pair of skunks were quite unconcerned by the cars headlights and continued in their chase and eat game for several minutes.

Only when my wife sounded the car horn for what must have been the fourth or fifth time did they wander off, non too quickly to hideunder our neighbors trucks.

Havong bee n sprayed only a few weeks ago by a skunk in the back yard, and having had Polly skunked twice in four and a half years this time I was not going to get out of the car quoetly. I made sure the skunks knew I was there, talked loudly and sang. They were not going to be surprised by me this time and I ,made it safely into the house without the aroma of skunk filling my nostrils.

No comments:

Post a Comment