Thursday, September 3, 2009

About Me

I have owned German Shepherds since 1988. My first was Suki, she was a year old when I found her in a rescue shelter. Her ears more often drooped than pricked, she was a faithful companion for almost seven years. Along the way I met Brett, a big shaggy German Shepherd and Husky cross. He came into both Suki and my life the day I got Suki. At first owned by a neighbor he left us for a while in the summer of 1989 but came to live with us on 2nd December 1989 when his owner offered me the choice. Take Brett of his hands or Brett's next journey would be the veterinery clinic to be put to sleep. Brett finally chose his own time to go to sleep at the end of August 2002.

My third and still precious companion is Polly, nine weeks old when I got her in February 1995. Today a still playful though aging beauty. Polly has moved often in her life, a puppy born in the islands of western Scotland, moved to England, daughter of Czech stock, she came to the United States with me in 2006. It actually cost more to ship Polly than it did to transport my wife and I and our entire house contents. But the price was as nothing as to the loss I would have felt leaving her behind. I should guard my words, for it is said, "If one loves something so much, the angels grow jealous and take it away."

This blog will I hope share stories of my dogs. The joy of my life and a celebration of theirs. If you have stories you would like to share about your dogs, whatever breed feel free to share. But I hope you too will share the celebration of the love and devotion of this one special breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment