Saturday, July 9, 2011

German Shepherds and Food

The one thing I have come to realise over my years of German Shepherd ownership is their total devotion to food.

I can call for ages at the door and not raise any interest. Let me open the fridge door and I have a furry companionhappily putting her nose into every open package and telling me the best treats that I can provide.

My wife has gone away this weekend, leaving me and the dog to fend for ourselves with a large meatloaf and gravy to share. As I walk by the fridge there is a soleful look from those big brown eyes which tell me, "I'm hungry. Feed me before I starve."

It is such a plaintiff look. It is a lie that she is starving, she had a pre breakfast biscuit, three handfuls of dry food, gravy, a slice of meatloaf, potatoes, a mid morning biscuit, helped me eat my lunch, meatloaf. A mid afternoon biscuit, more meatloaf and part of my dinner.

But still that little furry muzzle helps me by guiding me to the fridge for yet more instruction as to where to find the meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment