Sunday, June 19, 2011

PetSmart Adoption Fair


I came upon this story in my news feed today. A couple went to a local PetSmart to buy items for their two German Shepherds and found an adoption fair going on at the store.

It's a really nice story and shows the good that such fairs can do. I would recommend looking at such fairs for a new dog or puppy, it is sad that they are necessary.

Only a couple of weeks ago I was talking with an adoption fair organizer in my local PetSmart. They have seen a 75% increase in abandoned animals over the last year. Some of the reasons are the economy and loss of jobs making owning a dog a harder commitment. When the money gets low, out goes the dog. This is in addition to those who buy a cute puppy which in weeks becomes a not always cute teenager. Ah Well! Now I rant.

Read this story. It shows a nice side of humanity and love of dogs.

PetSmart Adoption Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment