Sunday, March 10, 2013

Not Alone

There are days when I sit here typing and suddenly I here a shuffle or rustle down to my right.

I know I here the noise it is solid and I suddenly feel Polly is there again.

I took Polly's bed out of my office shortly after she died. It is cleaned and in the next room. Maybe my next dog will like it to lay on as much as Polly did. But it seems that even that dog bed is still here beside me.

Polly would sometimes shift on her bed and it would make a particular rustling sound, together with her very vocal sigh.

I don't believe that I imagine this sound. I wear headphones as I type in order to hear what I am typing from my screen reader and this sound comes across as solid as the voice of my screen reader.

It is rtue in my opinion that our furkids never really leave us. We carry them with us all our lives. But maybe, just maybe our furkids never do leave us. They spend some of their time just coming back to tell us everything is just fine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment